MCU Megathread

Moderators: Apollo the Just, Bomby

Bad Dragonite

Re: MCU Megathread

Post by Bad Dragonite » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:30 am

There were people at the end of the movie in our theater all mad like, "Man, F*** THANOS", throwing popcorn, it was kinda funny.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Mon May 07, 2018 3:50 am

Assorted news....

1) New trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp:

Fun fact: Cassie Lang will also appear in Avengers 4, but she has been recast with a slightly older actress for that film.

2) Agents of SHIELD has 2 episodes left this season. (Maybe ever; we're still on the bubble there.) After being set up back in episode 3, GRAVITON has finally emerged. (Also, these episodes are concurrent with the events of Infinity War; the fallout of which probably won't affect the show until the very end of the season finale.)

3) Marvel has just registered fresh trademarks for Squirrel Girl & New Warriors, which could be a sign that some kind of New Warriors announcement is coming soon.

4) Marvel Studios is not doing a presentation at SDCC this year, and Feige & the Russos are saying no new info on anything from the film studio until next May. (That has to be an exaggeration, though; they'll have to drop Captain Marvel & Avengers 4 trailers--& the title of the latter--at *some* point before those films open.)

5) New trailer for season 2 of Luke Cage went up pretty much right after I posted this update:

It's been 2 full weekends. You can discuss Infinity War, but PLEASE use spoiler tags.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Mon May 14, 2018 6:50 pm

....Holy crap, Agents of SHIELD just got renewed. Season 6 will have a reduced episode order (13, down from 22), & if they know what's good for them, they'll hold it off until 2019. [EDIT: ABC has officially announced that season 6 will air in summer 2019.] The season finale of AoS airs this Friday.
That reduced episode count also fits well with rumors of New Warriors going to ABC this fall--it could use SHIELD's timeslot (since it's only planned to have a 10-episode first season).

Also, Kevin Feige says he has plans for introducing Kamala "Ms. Marvel" Khan in a movie, pending the success of Carol "Captain Marvel" Danvers next year.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun May 20, 2018 7:26 pm

The SHIELD feels are reals. We'll see most of the team next summer.

Marvel Studios just hired a screenwriter for an Eternals movie. Huh.

Cloak & Dagger premieres June 7th (less than 3 weeks away)!
Luke Cage season 2 premieres June 22nd!
Ant-Man & the Wasp opens July 6th!

Return to “Movies, Television, and Animation”