The Best Game Music

Moderator: X-3

X-3

Re: The Best Game Music

Post by X-3 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:45 pm

The Decisive Battle: And my time is a piece of wax falling on a termite. And it's choking on the splinters.

Song of the Ancients: Fate: I'm pretty sure this song is like 25% of the reason why people noticed Nier 'back in the day'.

Neo Arcadia Theme: Neo Arcadia had a quasi-religious influence to it and I think this song perfectly encapsulates it.

Doppleganger Battle: "Can you make a theme for a extremely gimmicky boss that isn't really that interesting to fight and has less plot presence than a horse" 'Yeah sure I can whip something up"

City Escape: Rolling

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:24 am

Castlevania - "Wicked Child" (Kinuyo YamaShane rulesShane rulesShane rulesShane rulesa)
I love everything about the aesthetics of the first Castlevania. The ghoulish enemies, the creepy setting, and of course the music. It's hard to believe this was YamaShane rulesShane rulesShane rulesShane rulesa's first time composing music for a game.
Spoiler.
Other good tracks: "Vampire Killer", "Walking on the Edge", "Heart of Fire"

Cave Story - "Meltdown 2" (Daisuke Amaya)
Just as Ian said, it's amazing that this entire game was the product of one person. The music, like the story and the spritework, is absolutely beautiful.
Spoiler.
Other good tracks: "Mimiga Town", "Moonsong", "Cave Story"

Mario Kart 8 - "Dolphin Shoals" (Shiho Fujii, Atsuko Asahi, Ryo Nagamatsu, Yasuaki Iwata & Kenta Nagata)
I feel MK8 is the acme of the Mario Kart franchise in so many ways, including the soundtrack. Jazz makes everything better.
Spoiler.
Other good tracks: "Cloudtop Cruise", "Bowser's Castle", "Mute City"

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:51 am

FPS addendum:

TNT: Evilution - "Death's Bells" (Jonathan El-Bizri)
Gameplay-wise, while I enjoy TNT overall I think it's the weakest of the four official Doom IWADS. But the new music by TeamTNT rivals Bobby Prince's compositions for the original two games.
Spoiler.
Other good tracks: "Into the Beast's Belly", "Cold Subtleness", "Horizon"

GoldenEye 007 - "Surface 1" (Graeme Norgate & Grant Kirkhope)
Norgate and Kirkhope did a fantastic job creating a soundtrack that was memorable and unique, while retaining the feel of Éric Serra's score for the film. This is probably my favorite non-DKC soundtrack by Rare.
Spoiler.
Other good tracks: "Dam", "Caverns", "Cradle"

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:59 am

Important, I've decided this is the best ever:

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - "Sakura's Theme" (Tatsuro Suzuki)
This composition at once sounds determined and heroic, yet also vulnerable and romantic. It's a perfect fit for Sakura - just a normal high school girl who is dedicated to become a great fighter, who spends her days pursuing Ryu - not as a love interest, but as an eager student.
Spoiler.
[/i]

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”