The Disappearance of Zebb Quinn

For everything and anything that goes "bump" in the night or is unexplained.

Moderator: Valigarmander

Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 5725
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:28 pm
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 211 times

The Disappearance of Zebb Quinn


Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:11 am


Zebb Quinn was last seen on Jan 2, 2000 in Asheville, North Carolina. His case has recently been dug up due to recently unfolding events.

Quinn was 18 years old and worked at Walmart in Asheville. He often hung out with his co-worker Robert Jason Owens. On the day of his disappearance, the two had plans after work. Quinn was interested in buying a new car and Owens accompanied him. Quinn was last seen together with Owens in surveillance footage at a gas station on the way to see the car.

Afterwards, Owens claimed that Quinn received a call on his pager and that he needed to use the phone. After using the phone, Quinn became "frantic", according to Owens. Quinn said he needed to cancel their plans right away. He drove off, accidentally rear-ending Owens' vehicle, and that was the last time anyone saw him. Owens was later treated at the hospital for a head injury in what he claims was a separate car accident later that night; no police report was filed from that accident.

Quinn's mother filed a missing persons report the next afternoon.

Two days after Quinn was last seen, a man purporting to be Zebb Quinn placed a phone call to the Walmart where Quinn was employed. The man told the coworker that he wouldn't be coming to work because of illness, but the co-worker became suspicious upon noticing that his voice sounded unfamiliar, and wasn't Quinn's. The phone call was traced back to a Volvo plant where Owens used to work. Owens admitted making the phone call, claiming that he was doing his friend a favor after Quinn phoned and asked him to call in sick for him.

Several days later, Quinn's car was found in a restaurant parking lot in Asheville - under very unusual circumstances: its headlights had been left on, a live Labrador mix puppy had been left inside, and a drawing of a pair of lips and an exclamation mark had been scrawled in pink lipstick on the back window. A hotel key card was also inside but police were unable to trace the key card to the hotel. There were also several drink bottles and a jacket that did not belong to Quinn.

It gets weirder.

Quinn DID get a call on his pager. The police traced Quinn's pager call to his paternal aunt - Ina Ustich. Ina denied ever making a call to his pager or ever receiving a call from him; the two hadn't communicated often prior to his disappearance. Ina was having dinner that night with her friend Tamra Taylor, her daughter Misty and Misty's boyfriend. Misty and Quinn happened to have had a previous romantic relationship. (Coincideeennnceee???)

Ina filed a police report after that night. She claimed that someone had broken into her home in the middle of the night. Although nothing was stolen, she reported that a few picture frames and items were moved around.

Fast-forward to March 17, 2015.

Owens was arrested for the unrelated murder of Food Network contestant Cristie Shoen and her husband J.T. Codd and their unborn child. He's serving 60 - 75 years without parole. Investigators have since probed Owens for the possible murder of Zebb Quinn.

This past July, a grand jury charged Robert Owens for the murder of Zebb Quinn. Details of the case are ongoing and relatively confidential.

Post Reply

Return to “Creepy & Unexplained”