President Trump has COVID.

Moderator: Deku Tree

VG_Addict

President Trump has COVID.

Post by VG_Addict » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:56 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/p ... covid.html

This is karma for how badly he's botched the response to COVID.

Sim Kid

Re: President Trump has COVID.

Post by Sim Kid » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Not only that but it's spreading all across his inner circle.

Leopards ate my face.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:57 pm

A whole bunch of old men with preexisting conditions. Even if Trumpy himself survives it (& I hope he does; I don't want him to become a martyr), at least some of these guys won't. His negligence is literally killing his own supporters.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Sim Kid

Post by Sim Kid » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:52 pm

Considering the highest risk group for COVID19 are baby boomers and depression-eras... yeah.

And when it started hitting red states and red areas instead of just blue areas and states...

BOWSER102

Post by BOWSER102 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:13 pm

I mean considering that the survival rate for Drumpfler's age group is nearly 96%, coupled with the fact that he's got access to literally the best healthcare in America, it seems a bit silly that "OMG WHAT IF HE DIES" is even part of the dialogue.

DarkZero

Post by DarkZero » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:21 pm

^considering he's been alleged to have had multiple strokes in the last few years, it's not implausible that he could at the very least have severe complications

BOWSER102

Post by BOWSER102 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:19 pm

I hear ya. And even given that those mini strokes are as you say, alleged (I could allege that you eat babies), I would still argue that because of his age it is certainly very possible. Statistically speaking, there is a 5% chance of death. Of course, that statistic is generated as an aggregate across all demographics- poor to rich- regardless of individual's pre-existing conditions, and without accounting for the variable quality of healthcare across the US.

We also have a much better understanding today of the virus and how to treat it, compared to back in March. So, purely going by as what we know as fact, and considering that this is the POTUS, it actually seems very implausible (though possible) to me that there would be severe complications and/or death.

Also- maybe just me, but if I heard a conservative feller wishing death on Biden after contracting a virus, saying it's karma for.. I don't know, the '94 crime bill- I'd think that person was disgusting, regardless of how they rationalize their position.

steeze

Post by steeze » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:55 am

If Trumps experiencing some form of TIA or mini strokes they'd be the most tremendous strokes anyone has ever had and frankly a lot of people would be talking about it. Billions and billions of mini strokes and they were the best strokes. The best strokes anyone has ever seen in the history of America.
i'm a shapeshifter.

Return to “Current Events”