So, you're a Jedi...

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

What colour is your lightsaber?

Rainbow (I may have created this one just for me...)
13%
13%
9%
15%
9%
6%
9%
9%
6%
13%

Total votes: 47

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 am

Emperor killed Windu, bro.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:04 am

Oh, do come off it. Anakin gets at least an assist. Mace Idiot had old Palpy dead to rights before Anakin turned retard and stepped in. Anakin might not have killed him personally, but he is responsible.
boo---------------the sons of his opponents wish that he was their dad

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Anakin could have killed him if he wanted to but he didn't. I don't think he intended for him to die. Annie's so emotional he just does things.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:05 pm

Who the hell knows. He plainly says 'what have I done' after the fact. Evidently he regards it as his doing one way or the other. Then he lets Satan talk him into murdering all them poor kiddy-winky dumdums.

...they're so little.

...man. You know, I give Lucas an ounce of credit, here. That moment, when Anakin turns on his lightsaber, and the poor baby Jedi kid flinches back...that was effective. It made me a little upset. Like...if ever I felt something during the prequel saga, that was it. Gods below.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:31 pm

^ I think he means "what have I done" by his betrayal, and that leads to why he killed the Padawans; it's kind of like a slippery slope and he went past the point of no return in his flirting with the Dark Side.

Anyway, yeah, the Padawan slayings is one of my favorite scenes. Even though it took balls just to show that much, I think they should have showed them attempting to run and/or defend themselves, but not at that exact scene, just later in ambiguous bits and pieces after bringing the issue up again (like a horror movie vibe, it's hard to explain).

Did you watch the films in theater, Boo? If so, I know you were excited at least the first time during the final fight scene. Like, maybe you hated it right after but still.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:38 pm

Made a point of watchin them in theatre.

Memory fails me. Maybe I was hyped at the time.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:12 pm

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE POKEMON!, post: 1531522, member: 18119"]I think they should have showed them attempting to run and/or defend themselves, but not at that exact scene, just later in ambiguous bits and pieces after bringing the issue up again (like a horror movie vibe, it's hard to explain).[/QUOTE] Ever seen Kung Fu? Ya know how at the beginning, Master Kan sent away all the boys each day? Imagine if, instead of just sending them away one day, Master Kan decided to just kill them all. How well do you think any of those kids would've been able to escape or fight back? Now give Master Kan psychic powers & a laser sword.

That said, we did get a little bit of a glimpse of the bloodbath: In the hologram recording that Obi-Wan & Yoda watch, there are a few kids charging at Vader, which is shown to be just as effective as my above analogy implied it would be; he mows them down. And there's the teenage Jedi who actually holds off some clones for a while (but it can be presumed he didn't cross paths with Vader).

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 pm

^ Ah, they tried charging at him, eh? Neat.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:04 am

On the subject of killing children... Tusken Raiders may be creepy and animalistic, but they're still sentient beings that have been seen living in villages, herding Banthas and even using energy weapons. Anakin murders an entire village full of them, men, women and children. So... he has a history of this sort of thing. Yet after confessing it all to Panda Bear, she just pities him and then marries him. Fast forward a few years and she's shocked and in disbelief that Anakin killed Younglings.

Maybe Padme's just racist.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:17 am

^ Animalistic? More like monstrous. They deserved genocide and I was rooting for Vader the whole time.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:30 am

'Deserving genocide'...that's a new one on me, bro.

Think I'll just let that one simmer.

Man. So, considering how important stupid Padme is (first as ruler of a whole planet, then as crucial senator), these prequel jokers sure let her run off into horrible danger at the drop of a hat, dunnay.

If they don't care about her safety, you'd think they'd try to at least use her as a strategic asset.

Like, okay, picture it--------Nute Gunray the idiot is doing his Trade Federation biz, when suddenly some of his homies drag Padme in face-down by her ankles, after catching her skulking around outside. Nute's all, 'Well, if it isn't everyone's favourite little cock-hamper. You've been a pain in the ass to me for years here. And I mean that literally. Do you have any idea what they do to pretty boys like me in prison? It's no cakewalk, sister. And you're the reason I wound up there.' Padme doesn't say anything-----just stares at Gunray contemptuously. Gunray goes on. 'Nothin to say, huh? Whatevs. I'd be justified in doing just about anything I want to you, but I'm a gentleman, so I'll do you quick, bitch.' Pulls out his sawn-off, points it right between her eyes. 'Any last words?'

Padme smiles nastily and opens her gigantic mouth, and hundreds of Republic starfighters swarm out of her cavernous gullet, shooting the sh*t out of everyone. Gunray takes a proton torpedo to the wiener and is slowly disintegrated, shrieking in horrible agony all the while. Boom. Done. War over. Everyone goes out for tacos afterwards, because tacos are rad.

It's perfect.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon May 04, 2015 2:12 pm

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1531598, member: 30663"]On the subject of killing children... Tusken Raiders may be creepy and animalistic, but they're still sentient beings that have been seen living in villages, herding Banthas and even using energy weapons. Anakin murders an entire village full of them, men, women and children. So... he has a history of this sort of thing. Yet after confessing it all to Panda Bear, she just pities him and then marries him. Fast forward a few years and she's shocked and in disbelief that Anakin killed Younglings.

Maybe Padme's just racist.[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to say. . .haha.

There could have been two other ways to handle this better: Anakin withholds information from Padme that he killed Tusken Raider children, while he meanwhile admits it to Palpatine. Or there could have been some implication of Tusken Raider prejudice where most people consider them below sentient level intelligence. Granted that we wouldn't want to show Padme in a bad light, the former would have been much better, and especially give us a good scene where Anakin confides in Palpatine with details he doesn't share with Padme. Then later on, Padme would find out and keep her distance, but would still want to help Anakin out of love (not like necessarily romantic love, just love in general). Anakin would take it as her wanting to change who he is, further fueling his resentment for feeling singled out.

I don't think Anakin should have been shown killing Jedi younglings. Rather, I think that should have been reserved for the Clone Troopers. It would give us a chilling "this is totalitarianism" moment when one of the Jedi younglings goes to them for help, they say nothing and just cock their rifles and aim.

And by the way, I was typing up a huge response as to how the Star Wars prequels should have been done but tossed it away because I wanted to rethink some things. Maybe I'll do it in a separate thread if this one dies out by the time I have it ready.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Mon May 04, 2015 2:43 pm

I had a teacher in high school, awesome guy, total comic book nerd. He said one thing he hated about RotS was that Vader's actions totally invalidated his redemption at the end of RotJ. Like **** you Vader, you don't get to be a smiling Force ghost alongside Yoda and Obi-wan after killing children with your own hands.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Mon May 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Uhhh, Yoda kind of killed children with his bare hands as well.

Remember when he was slicing his way through an army of clone troopers on his way to confront Palpatine towards the end of RotS? You know, the clone troopers who had accelerated growth and were literally designed not to disobey orders, thus making them morally inculpable of their own actions? And Yoda scythes through them as though they are mere chaff, not looking even slightly conflicted.

...I have a hard time hating on Anakin for killing the Jedi kids, without simultaneously despising literally the entire prequel Jedi order for using the clone army. Sending child slave-soldiers to die in their millions seems like a much more grievous (tch) offense against man and god, to me at least. But like what do I know.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Mon May 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Conclusion: Obi-wan is the only major character who appeared in both trilogies that doesn't suck.

SmackDownPete

Post by SmackDownPete » Mon May 04, 2015 3:33 pm

^ Hey now don't forget about Chewbacca.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Mon May 04, 2015 3:47 pm

^^Obi-Wan...you know, for all that he's a little morally iffy for going along with the clone trooper thing...like, he at least interacts with them. My memory of RotS is a little fuzzier than the other prequels (I've seen it least, because I f*cking hate it), but Obes...he jokes around with clone guys. Talks with them as though they matter a little, right. That puts him so far above all the other Jedi guys, far as I'm concerned. He sees them as something other than mere cannon-fodder.

Obi-Wan is second-best canonical Jedi character (after Luke, of course). I guess Yoda is third (he redeems himself by being cool in real movies). Fourth is who cares. Seriously, none of the others matter at all---------they are stupid assh*les who all die, and good riddance.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon May 04, 2015 5:54 pm

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1532524, member: 30663"]I had a teacher in high school, awesome guy, total comic book nerd. He said one thing he hated about RotS was that Vader's actions totally invalidated his redemption at the end of RotJ. Like **** you Vader, you don't get to be a smiling Force ghost alongside Yoda and Obi-wan after killing children with your own hands.[/QUOTE]

[MEDIA=youtube]qBAZGtBfcY4[/MEDIA]

I feel like this, if anything, should've invalidated that redemption almost immediately. The RotS was maybe more personal, but it's hard to come back from blowing up an entire planet.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Mon May 04, 2015 5:59 pm

^ What the hell was that closeup of the explosion? Was there another special edition I missed?

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon May 04, 2015 6:02 pm

^Might be something that guy added, based on the title. I just grabbed the video from the first few results that had the shortest runtime.

Return to “Polls Forum”