Halo 4

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: Booyakasha

Bad Dragonite

Halo 4

Post by Bad Dragonite » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:22 am

So yeah, alot of people are calling this the "Most anticipated game of the year".

Trailer - [yt]CkMKTF0xY1Q&cid=ps-g-amca-halo4-master+chief+halo+four-e_45cb7da6a347b5a4a249fd74253d0344[[/yt]

Interview and gameplay footage - [yt]le3BsM1tYR8&feature=relmfu[/yt]

What are your thoughts on the upcoming sequel to the hit gaming franchise?
-I'm Vgfian

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 am

I am pretty surprised this topic wasn't created months ago.

Anyway, 343 seems to be doing very well with this. Sure, it may not be Bungie, but 343 seems basically on level.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Played it. Campaign is fairly epic. You can tell they put alot of their time and effort into it.
Spartan ops is a terrific addition, and the RVB Easter Eggs make it sweeter! :P
Matchmaking isn't as good (It feels off, and SWAT now has bothe the Battle Rifle and DMR, which can be annoying (I don't think there is a way to play SWAT DMR only)), and it also doesn't have Firefight.

Forge is a mixed beast since they improved on some aspects, like adding new (and very welcome) items, but eliminating things like Forge World which made for a helluva lot more customization. (From what I know 343 doesn't support Clans/clan battles nearly as much as Bungie did/does)

Also, the enemies look weird, they completely reworked most of the alien's designs (The Jackals and the Grunts are the best examples of this, they look hella different.) They're not terribly bad, but they lack a weird sort of silly charm the others had. *shrug* It's not really a huge positive or negative for myself, though I've heard others complain.

I also don't know why the Multiplayer came on a second disk. Is it just to combat used games in a crusade 343 has apparently joined? Possibly, but if so then that's bullsh*@!!! Altogether though, it's a great game, and a must have for any Halo or FPS fan. It is still fairly linear, but it has that run and gun quality that Halo has always had. It does seem to be friendly to newcomers altogether in the whole package, however; there are definitely story parts that you won't get without knowing about the past games and the movie/internetsweb show (It's the same thing and is actually pretty good and has high production value from what I've seen of it.) which is definitely a direct matrix-style tie-in. It does seem to be worth the money though. If you're a hardcore Halo fan, then yeah, you've probably gotten it already.
If you left the series a while back then I suggest renting this, it does actually seem to breathe a breathe of fresh air into the series and is quite fun, it nicely reinvigorates it.
Like I said, rent it from redbox or gamefly or something and try it out.

If you have no access to that then see if one of your friends has it or something.
I don't know.
(Unprofessional shame!)

Anyway, that's it for this review. Bye! :D
-I'm Vgfian

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Good reveiw, Vgfian.

Kargath

Post by Kargath » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:23 am

The two-disc thing is probably just space issues, Vgfian.
Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
-Clifford Stoll

Mattsmash

Post by Mattsmash » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:42 pm

So, anyone playing it?

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”