We're not trying to break the world record here (which is 0:44:26, btw), just casual speedrunning. Simply try to beat Super Metroid as quickly as you can. We'll be using these guidelines for the run:
[INDENT]"Definition for Traditional style Super Metroid any%:
- Defeats the main four bosses depicted in the statues blocking entrance to Tourian (Kraid, Phantoon, Draygon, Ridley) and goes on to defeat Mother Brain as well and go through the escape sequence.
- Stays within the boundaries of the map and limits the use of clips to entirely in boundary use (Wrecked Ship ceiling clip, Zebetite Skip)
- Does not use the GT Code
- No Abuse of Space/Time Beam or its variants
The heart and soul of the traditional any% category is to encapsulate the feeling it was to go through the game after first play and try to go through it as fast as possible. All exploits are done with the intention of working around the general design of the game, not the programming and/or its oversights."[/INDENT]
So sequence breaking is okay as long as it doesn't abuse any major glitches or anything like that. The time shown at the end of the game will be the one you'll want to share in this thread. Item percentage is not important, but feel free to include it.
So who's ready for this?
HALL OF FAME
- Valigarmander (8/2/15) - 1:26 (39%)
- Valigarmander (8/1/15) - 1:48 (53%)