If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Is PS Plus worth it?

The place where you can discuss everything from the world of PlayStation

Moderator: Nomyt

VG_Addict

Is PS Plus worth it?

Post by VG_Addict » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:34 pm

I'm thinking about buying a year's subscription for PS Plus. Is it worth it?

X-3

Post by X-3 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Do you have any games you want to play online? The monthly games are too random to be worth it alone.

VG_Addict

Post by VG_Addict » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:18 pm

I wanna play COD online.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:33 pm

I felt there was some value to it, but I have such a ridiculous backlog that it made more sense to me to get through that or buy games that I'm actually interested in rather than whatever Sony comes up with each month. That plus I am holding a grudge against Sony customer service for being awful.
I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:46 pm

You'll probably get a handful of good games in a year and possibly save yourself buying a few bad ones. The extra discounts might be worth $10-$20 depending on how much you buy from PSN. You also get online backups, which is nice, but the rest of the value comes from playing online on PS4. PS3 and Vita online are still free, as far as I know. Whether or not it's worth it comes down to how much those features are worth to you.

I renewed it this year, but the justification was almost entirely down to having $40 worth of games from it that I still intended to finish. I personally don't expect to get $60 worth of new content/discounts from it this year, but I also never play online.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Question you have to answer for yourself, homey.

I'm subscribed to XBGold, and I do next to no multiplayer gaming, and I've yet to play one of the free games. Suppose I could do without it, only I do use it occasionally enough to make it worthwhile, weighed against the pittance that five dollars a month is to me. Five dollars is nothing. I gave a bunch of dumbass high school kids five dollars to fund their class trip to Washington DC the other day (it was the fourth and i was feeling civic-minded) (also it was a warm bright sunshiney day and they were selling coffee, tea and cocoa on the street-----------like, were they literally retarded? hello, lemonade, maybe? kool-aid? cups of reconstituted gatorade? i mean, not even iced tea, man. i was moved to charity by a unique blend of pity, contempt and existential horror. nice guy boo).
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

AaronRacer12

Re: Is PS Plus worth it?

Post by AaronRacer12 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 am

Having been a PS plus member for 4 years, I would say 50 dollars a year is worth it.

Return to “Sony Playstation: This is Living!”