Nintendo says JoyCon drift isn't a real problem.

Everything Ninty!!

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

VG_Addict

Nintendo says JoyCon drift isn't a real problem.

Post by VG_Addict » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:34 pm

https://screenrant.com/nintendo-argues- ... l-problem/

A report from a law firm building a case against Nintendo argues that the company thinks that Joy-Con drift in the Nintendo Switch is not a real issue. Joy-Con drift has been plaguing Switch owners since the console was released. The problem affects joysticks, causing them to register directional inputs even when they aren't being touched. It affects both the main Switch console and the Switch Lite.

Joy-Con drift has been a major thorn in the side of numerous Switch owners for a long time, and considering how widespread of an issue it is, many are understandably upset at Nintendo for engineering a console with such a flaw. This frustration has led to legal trouble for Nintendo on more than one occasion. Recently a French law firm even accused the company of manufacturing the issue deliberately in a planned obsolescence complaint. Nintendo is allowing players to mail in their Joy-Cons for free repairs, which would seem to contradict this argument. In fairness, though, the company only started offering repairs after the lawsuits started coming in.
Goddammit, Nintendo.

VG_Addict

Re: Nintendo says JoyCon drift isn't a real problem.

Post by VG_Addict » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:45 pm

Found an interesting Reddit thread:

If enough people send videos, we just might get Nintendo to do something about Joycon drift.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Re: Nintendo says JoyCon drift isn't a real problem.

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:33 pm

I saw a clarification that the "it isn't real" allegation is actually coming from opposing counsel.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Return to “Nintendo Main”